This is something that has been lurking in the recesses of my mind the past few days… and somehow I chose to answer it and write about… So here goes…
When times are tough… relationships, situations, finances, feelings and just about everything in your life seems like they are going downhill… and you feel like your prayers are not being answered, you will ask the question: Is there still a reason to hold on and keep believing?
I will answer the question with three bible verses that I found…
1.) Isaiah 43:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
2.) Matthew 8:13 New International Version (NIV)
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
3.) Matthew 21:21-22 New International Version (NIV)
21 Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
The bible gives answers to the question “is it still worth holding on and believing that God will change a person’s circumstances”… its up to you and only if you believe…
True, that when you are going through a tough time or times (like I am), you will go through moments when you just really want to throw in that towel and say “I GIVE UP!”
But think about it this way… God already appointed a specific time for each breakthrough. If you (or I) give up, we will never see the promise come to pass. Waiting is very difficult, but I know deep in my heart when all is said and done, when we see the miracle or breakthrough come to pass… It will be well worth the wait.
I write this not just as an encouragement to you (who took the time to read my post) but for me as well. Waiting for the breakthrough is most difficult… But if you have been holding on to your belief for a long time and you decide to give up now, all of your time and effort while waiting will be wasted and you will not see your miracle come to pass. So what is one more day when the joy and fulfillment of the promise will last for a lifetime. Quitting is one second, but God’s promises are forever…
I say these statements to myself everyday to keep my hopes up…
1. Just a little bit more. God is in control. He loves you and your child and He promised that He will always be there for the both of you.
2. When one (or two or three) door closes, God will open a bigger and better door… and sometimes He will even take down the wall for you…
3. If God was able to bless me when I was submerged in sin, HE will surely bless me now that I walk in faith and trust Him in all my ways.
4. I still have breath to breathe, so I still have a purpose.
5. God cleared my path for a purpose. He took out the wrongs and now my path is clear and bright. He will not take that time and effort and He will not certainly change my life if He did not have a higher purpose for me. I dream big, but can I outdream God?
6. God is the God of the impossible. My situations are impossible and only through God will I see my impossibilities become a reality.
7. If God can bless people who are not living according to His will, He can bless me.
8. Each decision is a test of faith. I just need to believe in God to show me the way.
I know that it’s difficult when it comes to believing and staying full of hope. I have gone through emotional roller coasters where I was barely managing to hold with the tips of my fingernails, but time and time again, God will bring me back to my place of rest.
Luke 1:45 New International Version (NIV)
45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”
I say this to you and me… Hold on just one more day… Believe that God is for you and that He loves you and me. He made a promise and God cannot back out of His word because He cannot lie… but you and I, we have to do our part and hold on…
Matthew 21:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
Something to think about…
What is I give up today… and the miracle God has scheduled for me came in tomorrow… How would I feel?
If I hold on one more day… and the miracle God has scheduled for me came in tomorrow… How would I feel?